Hybrid VBAC Care
For women desiring VBAC, Del Mar Birth Center offers hybrid VBAC care. We recognize that choosing a VBAC birth can be part of the healing process for you. Clients benefit from midwifery care with half hour appointments, allowing time for thorough discussions about any issues should they arise as your pregnancy progresses, along with assessment and nutrition analysis – all in the comfort of our center.
When labor begins for women receiving hybrid care, we have an arrangement with the midwives at a local hospital where you will continue to receive midwifery led care, but in a hospital setting where should the need arise, you can also have necessary medical intervention. The VBAC success rate for this hospital midwifery practice is over 80%!
The Postpartum period includes a home visit by a Registered Nurse, routine phone “check-ins” by your midwife, as well as a 2 week and 6 week postpartum check-up at the birth center.
Some of the benefits of VBAC include:
- Faster healing after birth.
- Less risk of infection after delivery as compared to Cesarean Section.
- No complications caused by surgery (infection, injury to bowel or urinary tract, blood loss).
- Quicker return to normal activities without the pain from surgery.
- Reduced risk for problems with how the placenta attaches in future pregnancies.