Preconception And Fertility
Planning and preparing to conceive a baby is exciting. Preconception and fertility counseling can make a positive difference in terms of your health, your fertility, and the health of your unborn child. Our midwives help you prepare physically and emotionally to create optimal conditions for a healthy, happy pregnancy. Give your baby the best start in life!
Preconception Consultations With the Midwife Include:
- Physical assessment (including Pap if necessary)
- Blood draws for lab work
- Fertility awareness
- Discussions about cleansing, conditioning and strengthening your body.
- Examination of habits, lifestyle choices and environmental factors.
- Nutritional assessment
- Individualized suggestions for folic acid supplementation, vitamins, medication changes, and optimizing control of medical conditions, ex. thyroid
- Review of healthy weight, exercise and fitness
- Stress relief